No matter which MINI model you own, you can find the most trendy and cutest accessories for it from our website.
There are so many different types of Mini running on the streets nowadays. Bigger ones, smaller ones, ones with S, ones without, four-door, two-door, hatchback, Johnny Cooper and convertibles. Someone can get really confused. So let me introduce some basic BMW mini models here so you can have a better idea.
Based on the performance, BMW mini can be classified into these categories: One, Cooper, Coopers and JCW cooper, representing MINI with different power levels.
1.Different mainstream engines: 1.6L (naturally aspirated), 1.6T (turbo) in May 2014 launched new mini increased 1.4T / 2.0T engine, but limited to small mini models only, mini clubman models have been discontinued.
2. Mini One as the basic model (commonly known as beggar version) for the 1.6 naturally aspirated low-power version, with 72KW, 153N.M. Mini Cooper with 1.6L and the new 1.6T low power version, respectively with 88KW, 160N.M and 90KW and 190N.M
Mini Cooper with larger power (sports version) as the 1.6T high power version is with 135KW, 240N.M.
JCW JOHN COOPER WORKS is manufactured by MINI designated conversion plant, just like the Mercedes-Benz AMG version, with higher power and better performance.
3. From the models of different interior configurations, from the simplest to most luxury one, respectively, One, Fun and Excitement.
MINI can be divided into the following models based on the functional performance:
Common: Mini, Mini Clubman, Mini Countyman (suv), Mini Paceman;
Uncommon: BEACHCOMBER (suv), CLUBVAN, VISION, CABRIO;
Coupe: COUPE, ROADSTER.
- Mini which commonly known as small Mini is a two door classical model. Also included ONE, COOPER, COOPERS, INSPIRED BY GOODWOOD and etc.
- In 2011, BMW launched Countryman in All4 (full-time four-wheel drive), 4-door, Hatchback, 16.L and 1.6T. Personalized customization should be the biggest selling point for Mini, but there are too many models available sometimes it is very difficult for customers to figure out what the differences are , for example, the difference between Countryman one and 1.6L.
countryman cooper 1.6T
countryman coopers 1.6T
Countryman coopers ALL4 1.6T has two more air intakes (for brake calipers heat releasing).
3.Clubman is available in 2-door, left and right asymmetric door, the right side of a half door, hatchback 1.6L and 1.6L T.
4.Paceman 2 door hatchback has a similar design as Land Rover's Aurora and available in 1.6L and 1.6T.
III. BMW mini R5 *.
The first generation of BMW mini R50 (one, cooper), R52 (convertible) and R53 (coopers) were launched in Sep, 2000.
In August 2006, R56, R55 (clubman), R57 (convertible with soft top), R60 (countryman) were launched.
At the end of 2010, slightly remodeled R56LCI, R55LCI, R57LCI (both are 2-doors) were launched.
In 2011, four SUV COUNTRYMAN (cooper and cooper-s All 4) was launched as R60.
- So now we can easily distinguish the different model types based on the above descriptions.
For example, MINI ONE CLUBMAN, the first word MINI is a general brand name applied for all models, the second word ONE represents the car engine which is ONE power level, the third word CLUBMAN, represents the car model. Note: The internal configuration of the ONE model is only the basic one.
Another example is the MINI COOPER CLUBMAN Excitement, COOPER represents the power level and the model is CLUBMAN, while the internal configuration is EX level. MINI COOPERS CLUBMAN Fun, COOPER-S is the power level and the model is CLUBMAN, while internal configuration is Fun medium level.
MINI COOPERS Countryman ALL4, COOPERS is the power level and model is Countryman, while ALL4 represents 4WD configuration, internal configuration is EX level.
Mini1.6L engine models
Model one 1.6L COOPER 1.6T COOPERS 1.6T
Maximum horsepower 98 122 184
Maximum power 72 90 135
Maximum power speed 6000 6000 5500
Maximum torque speed 3000 4250 1600-5500